Using our experience to add real value for clients
We advise on the full range of private and commercial trusts and foundations. Working closely with the corporate team, we provide a fully integrated service, meeting the needs of those in the fiduciary sector, whatever the legal issues they face.
- Establishing private, commercial, charitable and purpose trusts
- Advising Family Offices on restructuring
- Establishing Private Trust Companies and Foundations
- Preparing on-going administrative documentation
- Migrating and terminating trusts
- Establishing foundations and advising in connection with their on-going administration
- Advising on administrative issues e.g. rights of beneficiaries to information
- Advising on regulatory issues
- Contentious and non-contentious applications to the Court
- Advising on re-structuring of trust and underlying corporate structure to release USD 500m to principal beneficiaries.
- Acting for a Guernsey corporate trustee in relation to the migration into Guernsey of a Liechtenstein and a Panamanian foundation including advising on and assistance with preparation of documentation to be submitted to the Guernsey Registry.
- Acting for a Guernsey trustee, drafting documentation to create a hybrid trust.
- As part of a trustee’s liability management exercise, drafting a suite of fresh documentation to address issues created by historic trust documentation which had been replicated over multiple trust structures.
- Advising a leading US investment bank on the creation of multiple foundation and trust structures in Guernsey involving the migration of six multi-billion dollar securitisation structures.
- Advising on the creation of a bespoke family office structure using foundations to run underlying trusts, foundations and companies, including advice on the regulatory and licencing requirements of the GFSC.
- Appearing before the Royal Court acting for the minor and unborn beneficiaries of a complex fixed interest trust in an application to vary the terms of the trust so as to delay vesting of the trust fund and extend the life of the trust.