Tim acts on a broad range of commercial and litigation matters, including, trusts litigation, cross-border contractual disputes, corporate disputes and insolvency. He also has expertise in the area of financial services regulation, including the sanctions regime.
- Acting for a corporate trustee and its directors in successfully defending multiple claims to the value of around £30 million.
- Advising multiple beneficiaries of a trust holding a multi-million dollar trading business and a property portfolio worth in excess of £100 million in a highly sensitive Public Trustee v Cooper application regarding a beneficiary’s separation from the trust.
- Acting for a Luxembourg-based company in a complex breach of contract claim involving a multitude of entities based in Guernsey, Portugal, Hong Kong, Italy, BVI and Czech Republic.
- Acting for the directors of a Pan-European company in complex litigation, including claims for breach of fiduciary duties, breach of contract and conspiracy to defraud the company.
- Acting for the directors of a U.S. company in a complex regulatory dispute worth over $20 million and involving a major global bank.
- Acting for the founder of a complex group of hedge funds, fund administrators and investment management companies holding over $100 billion of assets in a dispute with liquidators pertaining to disclosure and liquidator fees.
Tim qualified as a Solicitor in England in 2012. He gained valuable dispute resolution experience, representing clients in the English courts and at numerous mediations. He then practised commercial litigation in Melbourne before joining the Dispute Resolution team at Babbé LLP in 2014.
Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners, Affiliate Member
Guernsey International Legal Association