Julia is a litigator specialising in trust and insolvency matters. She also has extensive experience in cross-border contractual disputes, including fraud and high value art litigation. Julia has an interest in European matters, having studied in France and Germany and worked in the European Parliament.
- Acting for the corporate trustee of a discretionary trust defending a £180 million claim made against trust assets by the joint liquidators of the trust’s underlying companies. Also acting in a separate action in damages for gross negligence against the former corporate trustee.
- Acting for a corporate trustee seeking Public Trustee v Cooper “type two” guidance from the Court to distribute several millions of Pounds of trust assets.
- Acting for the Joint Liquidators in claims of gross negligence against the former corporate directors of several Guernsey companies.
- Successfully acting for the discretionary beneficiary of a Guernsey trust to remove the Protector and replace the Mauritian-based Trustees.
- Acting for the corporate trustee and the overseas settlor of a Guernsey-based trust to seek the rectification of trust instruments drawn up by foreign lawyers, which nominated an incorrect beneficiary.
Julia qualified as a Solicitor in England in 2010. She trained with Withers LLP before working at a US law firm in London. She joined the Dispute Resolution team at Babbé LLP in 2013.
Guernsey International Lawyers Association