Helena advises on a wide range of commercial disputes including shareholder and director disputes, trust litigation, insolvency and obtaining injunctive relief.
- Pursuing a claim for declarations from the Royal Court pertaining to unlawful use of global trademarks and obtaining injunctive relief. Thereafter being involved with the underlying English proceedings (for declaratory relief in relation to the trademarks), applications for further interim relief in the English High Court and ongoing disputes before the European Union Intellectual Property Office.
- Acting for a Guernsey corporate and fiduciary services provider, its directors and the former directors of a company within an offshore corporate structure, in defending claims alleging breaches of duty pertaining to film funding arrangements.
- Acting for the auditors of an investment fund facing claims of professional negligence as part of a suite of claims relating to losses in the fund.
- Obtaining a freezing injunction against the trustees of a FURBS on behalf of a contingent beneficiary, in support of substantial High Court matrimonial proceedings.
- Acting on applications to set aside four statutory demands served by a corporate services provider for alleged outstanding fees.
Helena qualified as a Solicitor in England in 2008 and gained general commercial litigation experience in England and the Middle-East before joining the Dispute Resolution team at Babbé LLP in 2013. Helena became a Senior Associate on 1st September 2017.
Guernsey International Legal Association