Bryan’s practice covers all aspects of company law, insolvency, regulatory & financial services, contentious trusts and general commercial litigation.
- Acting for shareholders of an international automotive products manufacturer in a dispute involving the manipulation of the members’ register and disposition of the company’s principal assets (trademarks).
- Acting for lenders in a dispute surrounding the enforcement of call options against the owners of a Guernsey special purpose vehicle that borrowed in excess of £4.5 million to purchase and develop commercial real estate in London.
- Acting for the former professional directors of a Guernsey film bridge-financing company in defending claims brought against them by the company’s liquidators for breach of duty arising from investment losses.
- Acting for the settlor of a Guernsey private trust structure in a comprehensive restructuring involving the negotiation of trustee indemnities, releases, and the sale and purchase of a majority interest in a company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Acting for lenders in the enforcement of security interests against the owners of a Guernsey special purpose vehicle in the context of an alleged civil fraud involving misappropriation of company assets.
- Acting for the independent expert valuer of a fine art trading fund accused of fraud and negligence arising from losses to the fund.
Bryan was called to the English Bar in 2013 undertaking pupillage at two of London’s most prestigious commercial-chancery chambers. Prior to joining Babbé LLP in 2015, Bryan worked at a ‘Top-5’ offshore firm in the Cayman Islands and a multinational investment fund and trust provider advising executive and non-executive directors on a wide range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters.
Guernsey International Legal Association (Governing Committee)