Banking & Finance
We provide quality global banking and finance solutions for our clients
Our banking and finance practice consistently delivers quality legal advice in a timely manner. Our experienced team are commercially minded and take the time to understand our clients’ business so we can provide creative solutions to complex matters that meet their commercial needs. Our cross-sector expertise enables us to deliver clear and practical advice on a wide range of banking and financial transactions, from simple commercial loans to larger complex structured deals.
We act for investment banks, insurers, fund managers and corporates, whether lenders, borrowers, or advisers, on a full range of banking and financial services including securitisations, capital markets, structured products, alternative debt financing, large lending transactions, Islamic financing and on any related regulatory aspects.
- Advising on debt structures
- Advice on debt finance for investment funds
- Developing alternative debt financing and disintermediation structures
- Structured products (listed and unlisted)
- Providing advice on hedging and derivatives including ISDA documentation
- Advising on compliance and regulatory requirements
- Advising on listed debt issuance
- Asset finance
- Leveraged finance
- Project finance
- Real estate finance
- Restructure and migration of six multi-billion US dollar securitisation structures from the US to Guernsey.
- Structuring and implementing listed debt structures providing finance for UK property market.
- Establishing underlying debt financing framework for listed open-ended debt fund, providing funding for private equity investments.
- Creating and implementing alternative debt financing structures for corporate borrowers.
- Restructuring security arrangements and addressing Guernsey-specific issues as part of international financing.
- Structuring and implementing a multi-billion dollar bond programme for a large trust structure.
- Listed asset-backed loan note programme.
- Advised and sourced funding of US$245m for independent sewage treatment plant.
- Advised on a US$291m equity contribution and expansion of a nuclear power plant.
- Advised on Guernsey law in a US$1bn multi jurisdictional facility deal for an investment firm.
- Advised on the structuring of a US$1.2bn bond instrument.
- Advised on a US$120m financing facility of a water treatment plant in the Middle East.
- Advised on the financing of a US$260m independent power producing project.