Corporate & Commercial
Our corporate and commercial services have been designed to help our clients achieve their commercial aims.
Our lawyers advise on all aspects of company law, particularly on the Guernsey law aspects of commercial transactions involving Guernsey companies. We advise banks and other financial institutions on financial products, on aspects of large lending arrangements and on regulatory matters. We assist with drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and work closely with lawyers, accountants and other professionals in many jurisdictions.
Businesses require a wide range of legal services. Our specialist lawyers work together as a team to provide an expert service across all your legal needs. As a firm we understand the speed at which commercial decisions have to be taken, and pride ourselves on the accessibility and responsiveness of the service that we provide.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Migration or amalgamation of companies
- Corporate restructuring and cross-border insolvency
- Protected and incorporated cell companies
- Joint venture and shareholder agreements
- Corporate litigation
- Funds and captive insurance companies
- In the last twelve months we have advised clients in respect to the following matters:
- The management team of a significant local finance industry group on the leveraged buyout of the business
- A major international bank on its co-participation in three Channel Islands property funding schemes
- The acquisition for £240 million of a Guernsey property unit trust holding London commercial property
- A third party equity sponsor of a leveraged local MBO The £1.4 billion refinancing of the Gala Coral Group
- Advising a local service provider on the acquisition of a new professional advisory team
- Unwinding a series of Guernsey tax based limited liability partnership schemes holding intellectual property rights
- The design and establishment of a Guernsey based carbon credit registry
- A local regulated entity concerning and providing a formal opinion to the regulator in respect of its regulatory capital arrangements
- A local listed entity on a demerger and compliance with The Takeover Code.